Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hurricane Season - Hurricane Allen Anniversary

Oh yea...thanks a whole lot! The newscaster on Channel 3 was mentioning that it was the 20 year anniversary of Hurricane Allen. Then he mentioned that North Beach was 5 feet under water. Thanks a lot. I'm trying not to stress out about hurricane season and am counting down the 6 or so weeks we have left and really didn't need to hear that. He talked about the Holiday Inn on Emerald Beach being under water. I remember all too well how this place becomes inundated. The good thing is I see how they are working on the roads and drainage in North Beach. In fact, my street is closed from the corner to the Causeway Blvd for repairs. Still, hearing the horror of Hurricane Allen did nothing to alleviate how I'm stressing about possible hurricanes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home