Monday, August 07, 2006

Griselda and Mike's Wedding

Saturday, as I was still emotionally realing from the Crab Shack bomb, I forced myself to get up around noona and shower and get dressed for the 3pm wedding. It was hard. It was the last thing I felt like doing. I managed to leave the house at 2pm and tried to get something to drink at a drive-thru to clear the cob webs from my throat. I had sung for 4 hours the night before. It doesn't come without a price.
They took FOREVER at the Sonic drive-thru on Ayers and I got to the Solid Rock at about 2:30pm. I said I'd be there at 2pm. I was late. Nevertheless, when I got there, they had an elaborate, wonderful sound system so that all I had to out-load was my songbook rolly suitcase, my gear box, my tote bag, and my guitar. I was ready to go at 2:55pm. The bride's parents didn't walk down the aisle til 3:25pm. That was my cue to sing "Our House" by CSNY. Luckily, it went off without a hitch and I think I did a pretty good job. I sat thru the ceremony. It was a Latino wedding so they did the aras and laso thing. When they removed the laso and went to both light a candle, that was my cue to do "From this Moment" by Shania Twain. Again, it went off smoothly and I don't recall making any errors. Whew! Weddings are so tricky because any mistake is a mistake they will remember for the rest of their lives.
After the wedding was over, I packed up and as quickly, quietly as I could snuck off after getting paid and left. It was too hot to want to do anything and I was still numb from the Crab Shack Bomb to be very sociable. It was a lovely traditional wedding and the little kids - flower girl and ring bearer were adorable. The bride was beautiful in a lovely sleeveless wedding dress. It was a lovely wedding all things considered. I am grateful I got to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home