Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill

Documentary - Film by Judy Irving Rated G

Oh! Oh! Oh! What a most wonderful movie. This film is about a gentle spirited, homeless musician set on Telegraph Hill in San Francisco.

I loved this film. I learned of it when I was reading Rosie O'Donnell's blog. She featured the film by listing it as some of the things she loves.

Typically me, I fell in love with the birds. It documents the comings, goings, and lives of a flock of wild parrots. Parrots are not indigenous to San Francisco and there are several stories of how they came into existance. Mark Bittner, the musician, has journaled the lives of these birds. He has named them. You get to see them and experience their very distinct personalities. I recently have learned to love birds since moving to North Beach in Corpus Christi. Coincidentally, they talk of a North Beach in San Francisco. San Francisco is beautiful. It may fall into the ocean eventually, but, I can understand why people live there. I would love to live there. I have never been there. I became attached to these birds via the film and cried and cried at some of the story lines. There is a happy ending. It is a true story. I loved it so much I am going to see it again when I have the chance. Please do yourself a favor and see this film. It truly touched my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home