Thursday, July 06, 2006

La Cumbia del Mole - Lila Downs

One of my new favorite songs. In Spanish. Her dad was/is Scottish. Her mom's a Zapotec Indian from Mexico. Lila Downs is an amazing musician. You can hear a mish-mash of everything in her music. This song haunts me and I may end up learning it. I heard her music when I was listening to KCRW in Santa Monica from LA on my computer at work. I listen to KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic to become aware of all the newest, coolest music. You can find them at www.kcrw.com . My sister in LA, Rita, turned me on to this. She's turned me on to many, many very cool things. Anyways...gotta scoot. Lunch time is over and my boss is cracking his whip. (actually, he's never done this...he's a way cool boss)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home