Friday, July 07, 2006

June 05, 2006 LaGloria



I was driving to work this morning and saw these little flag thingees dangerously close to the Harbor Bridge. I had heard on the radio that this "tall ship" was coming in to Port. It was a sailing vessel from Columbia. There was even an Ex-President from Columbia sailing in on it. All manner of dignitaries were meeting it and for $25 or so they would take you on a tour of it. Well, I had at the time was enuf money for the batteries for my cam so I managed to get a couple of shots of the tall ship. It was beautiful and there was conga music coming from on board. It was hard to get these shots as I could not position myself directly across the Harbor on the other side to get a side shot of the ship. So, I climbed down to the Ferry stop and got these 2 front shots. On the Friday after the ship arrived, I was singing at Joe's when there the went...back out to sea. It was beautiful even tho her sails were not unfurled. I could see her heading out from my little stage. Needless to say, I sang many nautical themed songs that night. I was filled with a desire for an exciting life full of adventure in foreign lands. Meeting people whose language I didn't speak and whose appearance I did not resemble.
Still, I'm grateful for my gig at the Crab Shack and for living in this tropical paradise...it could be worse. It can always be worse. But, the ship was beautiful and you don't see those everyday. My life is good.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM , Anonymous Sally said...

Alma, I remember seeing this in the news. Great pics!!

By the way, hi again....it's Shy aka Sally.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home