Friday, June 30, 2006

It's raining! It's pouring! The old man is snoring!

Wow...it's raining! I went out to my car here at work to get my debit card which must've landed somewhere I didn't realize. I grabbed my 99 cent umbrella and went for it! Wow...this is the best 99 cents I 've spent in a quite a while. I'm glad I bought a couple of them.

The rain here smells so much like dirt. I don't recall the rain smelling like dirt in Dallas. I like it. It smells so clean and natural. Dirt is not a bad thing. It is where things grow. Things you can eat! The thunder seems louder. I wonder if it's because it resonates in the sea. I don't mind the rain. I do mind when it comes down in buckets and floods North Beach and I'm hoping that doesn't happen in the next few days.

It was weird this morning when I was driving to work. Right when you get to the Circle K on Ennis Joslin at Ocean, it was like a curtain of rain. Totally dry and you could see the exact point of demarcation. The road was completely dry and they you were in a downpour.

I'm hoping it isn't raining when I outload at the Crab Shack. It's not so bad there because they have a little carport thingee that shields you from the rain. It is on the water, tho, so I'm hoping the rain doesn't come in sideways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home