Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fun times at the Yin Yang Fandango / Tango Tearoom


Well, I did the gig at the Tango Tearoom here in Corpus. What a cool place. I opened for the Vibrant Ones, a band that does all originals. Then a guy everyone called Toad played. I did all covers. I wasn't quite sure what the venue clients were into, so did some of my favorite tunes including In Your Eyes, Dream a Little Dream, and more. The customers were very warm and welcoming. It was my first gig there. I played right around sunset and ended up setting up all my gear.

The band did some pretty songs and the Toad played guitar exceptionally well.

I am hope I can play there again! It was fun and I was especially happy that my pals Rodney and Paul were able to make it out. They served some nummy bergers and beer. There was a guy selling those Australian instruments I can't spell and I woman welling crystals. It was quite the eclectic mix of personality types and archtypes. It wasn't too hot and I had a great time!

Oh and that pic of me wasn't taken at the Tango Tearoom. That was taken a coupla years back in NYC at the Baggot Inn. I'll have to tell you about that one soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home