Sunday, January 29, 2006

Friday's Music

Friday, I got to debut 2 of the 3 songs I learned the previous week. The Kelly Clarkson song "Breakaway" was received warmly! There were about 7-8 twenty-something girls that appears out of nowhere and they stood by the bar and listened to the whole thing and were very kind with their generous applause. The whole 1st floor dining room was very receptive and supportive! The other song I debuted was Hal Ketchum's 5 O'clock World. You might know it as the theme to the Drew Carey Show. The dining room was almost empty, but I heard applause coming from somewhere near the elevators.
I also sang Cucurrucucu to a mostly Latino filled dining room at the time. Again, very generous applause. This is the saddest song I know. The lady dies and the man can't eat, sleep and just wants to drink. It's angst and drama filled and if I'm not tired, very fun to sing. I do it old style with similated crying and belt it out.
There was a request for some Johnny Rodriguez - don't know any. And a request for 70's music. I think I did some James Taylor, Eagles, and Bread.
Those were the "big" songs of the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home